Africa Project Against Suicide
STAY ALIVE AFRICA
Networking of the African people in conferences & concerts
The Africa Project Against Suicide (APAS) is an African based suicide prevention initiative, officially unveiled in the city of Polokwane, South Africa in 2018 with functional national and regional branches spread across nations of Africa (currently Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, Benin Republic, Botswana, Zimbabwe, DR Congo, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Eswatini, United Kingdom, Gambia, Uganda, Malawi), established to alert African citizens and governments about the looming epidemic of suicide and also generate systematic interventions. As we speak, suicide continues to be a public health burden to our society and continent.
We have a vision to create a safer African continent free of suicide.
We have a vision to mobilize human and capital resources, to collaborate with relevant stakeholders, manage partnerships to reduce cases of suicide and provide support to those affected by it, through public campaigns, training, mentoring, economic empowerment and research.
- To provide help and support to individuals vulnerable to suicide, suicidal behaviours and ill-mental health.
- To eradicate discrimination around suicide and ill-mental health.
- To educate the general public about the dangers of substance abuse.
- To initiate partnerships with community, religious, business and education leaders to establish emotional support programs in the workplace, worship centres and schools, accessible to members of staff, worshippers and students respectively.
- To spread songs of hope through charity music concerts in selected cities of Africa.
COUNTRIES OF TAKE OFF
- Reduction in the level of Suicide
- Unification of the African people
Launching within different nations will happen within a year, while five years have been set for the pilot projects.
OVERALL COORDINATOR PASTOR HONEY OLAWALE
EAST AFRICA COORDINATOR DANIEL MADALANGA
SOUTH AFRICA COORDINATOR REHOLEGILE MEHLAPE
WEST AFRICA COORDINATOR MUYIWA ADEBAYO
APAS Nigeria Address
Foursquare District Headquarters Gate, Oranfe, Ile Ife, Nigeria
APAS Kenya Address
First floor Suite 110/111, Jubilee Insurance Centre, Wabera street, Nairobi, Kenya.